At Smyth’s Funeral Directors Ltd., we offer a comprehensive 24 hour 7 day a week service. It is a full funeral directing service in which we cater for all requirements.
Standard funeral arrangements would include:
- Collection of the deceased, hygienic treatment (including embalming if necessary) and presentation of the deceased.
- Preparation of the coffin/casket as required complete with mountings, linings, name plate and other adornments.
- Removal of the deceased to a private residence, church, burial ground etc.
- Liaising with the clergy to organise suitable removal and service times.
- Order and supply of floral tributes.
- Funeral announcements on newspapers, radio stations and websites.
- Supply of all necessary equipment for home or off site removals.
- Purchase of new grave(s) if required.
- Grave digging service including the use of all necessary equipment.
- Church music if required.
- The supply of a grave marker to identify a burial in a new plot.
We also cater for most other requests…
- Cremation is now a regular request.
- Repatriation (transfer of remains to or from a foreign country).
- Exhumation – although an unusual request, we have dealt with quite a few in the past.
Some people have very unusual requests and we do our very best to cater for every requirement. In the past we have even been asked to supply a pink coffin adorned with fairy lights to which we duly obliged. So no matter what is needed, we urge people to just ask.