At Smyth’s, we work very closely with numerous monumental sculptors and stone masons that carry out jobs on our behalf in graveyards locally and even nationally. We pride ourselves in the fact that work commissioned through us is handled in a prompt and efficient way.
Services that we provide include:
- Supply and fitting of new headstones and kerbs
- Repair or replacement of broken and damaged kerbs
- Adding of new inscriptions to existing headstones
- Insertion of new concrete floors on graves or repairs to broken or damaged floors
- Supply of chippings, pebbles, artificial grass or a combination of these as grave adornments
Before choosing a headstone for a family member or friend, we would always make certain recommendations.
- Firstly, we would always suggest that you visit local burial grounds to see other graves for ideas. As every person is different, there is a large variety of shapes and styles to choose from that would be appropriate for an individual or family. Always bear in mind that you will be choosing not just a headstone, but a kerb and also the adornments such as chippings, artificial grass, etc.
- Secondly, bring a digital camera. A picture is like a thousand words. When you see what you like, take a photo and when you show it to us, we’ll be able to give you a better idea of the cost and time scale that would be involved.
- Thirdly, you should know your budget. There is literally no limit to what one could spend on a grave.
- Finally, think ahead. Some people like to have a headstone erected or an inscription in place prior to a first anniversary. As many headstones are imported from abroad and take months before they are ready for erection, it is always best to allow plenty of time for the preparation work to be done.
We are delighted to offer a quotation without obligation to anyone for any grave work that is required.